DevOps Engineer (Middle+)P2H Remote First
Project, technologies, team details
For the past four years, we have been developing an ecosystem of e-government products for a foreign client. There are five large platforms and 15 scrum teams developing products based on these platforms.
Each of the platforms is in fact an electronic cabinet with a set of electronic services that allow both citizens and ex-pats to communicate effectively with the state. Hundreds of people use these products every minute and the number of users is only growing.
- General application stack that we use on those projects — Ruby (roda, RoR), Postgres, RabbitMQ, Redis, ELK stack, Prometheus stack
- DevOps tools in general — GitLab CI, Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Terraform, Ansible, GitOps with ArgoCD, Helm Chart
- Other tools — Selenium, Allure, SonarQube, Bash, Python
- Only Linux stack, no Windows at all
The current system is based on microservices and runs on docker-compose. We are looking for a person who will manage current infrastructure and participate in migration to Kubernetes.
Our DevOps Team is responsible only for the Demo and Stage Environment.
The team includes leading DevOps Architects of our country. Seniority levels: Middle, Senior, Architects. Each DevOps Engineer works in a developers team, not as a separate cluster.
We form full-fledged scrum teams for each individual product, consisting of BE, FE, QA, AQA, BA, SA, DevOps. There are 5-9 people on each team. At the moment, we have 15 scrum teams. DevOps supports several teams simultaneously
- Become the owner of demo and stage environment, make sure it is close to production
- Take actions to improve our stage environment, which will reflect on the production
- Take ownership of implementing and maintaining processes
- Configure monitoring using Prometheus, Grafana
- Be ready to migrate from docker-compose to some orchestration tool
- Automate everything that can be automated
- Extend current Infrastructure reliability and manageability
- Take a part in releases
We are looking for someone who
- Has at least has 2 years of professional DevOps or similar Software Engineering experience
- Has working knowledge of Docker and Docker compose
- Has knowledge of networks, network protocols
- Has experience with Gitlab
- Is up to date on the latest industry trends and aware of DevOps principles
- Can communicate in English an Intermediate level
Nice to have
- Experience with OpenShift is a plus
- Experience with with Ruby will be a big plus
- Experience with another high-level scripts language (such as Python) will be a plus
- 24 days for rest, 10 days for health and well-being
- Unlimited recovery from covid
- Possibility of relocation to Poland or Portugal after 1 year of work
- Сoworking space – compensated partially. Unlimited coworking in Lviv and Krakow, where P2H coworking spaces are located. We are also starting to open offices in Katowice and Lisbon.
- Unlimited learn and development budget
- Sports club membership – compensated partially
- Regular review of income according to the progress of the individual plan
- We are not fans of overtime and encourage our teams to plan time for work and rest. But shit happens sometimes during non-working hours. Then we pay overtime x1.5-x2
- Free online English lessons
- Full accounting and legal support for private entrepreneurs
- Work on socially important projects in the E-Government niche. Stability
- DevOps Team from Strong Middle to Solution Architect levels. Our DevOps Solution Architect used to work on Facebook and is ready for knowledge sharing
- Online interview with a recruiter — 20-30 minutes.
- Interview with DevOps Team — up to 1-1.5 hours.
Get More information
P2H is strongly committed to protecting personal data.
When you apply for a job on this website, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by P2H, which is located at 6920, S. Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV, 89113, USA. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing P2H recruitment activities, which include scheduling and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, or ‘GDPR’) and Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the P2H, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Please read the P2H Recruitment Privacy Notice carefully by the following link.
Your personal data will be retained by P2H as long as P2H determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.