Ruby/Ruby on Rails EngineerP2H Remote First
Project, technologies, and team details
For the past five years, we have been developing an ecosystem of E-government products for a foreign country. Currently, there are five large platforms and 15 scrum teams developing products based on these platforms.
Each of the platforms is in fact an electronic cabinet with a set of electronic services that allow both citizens and ex-pats to communicate effectively with the state. Hundreds of people use these products every minute and the number of users is only growing.
Check how we developed an e-government platform to transform the job market here.
We are looking for 2 Ruby Engineers for our projects. One of the projects is written with Ruby on Rails and the other is Ruby+Roda.
The RoR project: Ruby 2.7.1, Rails 6.0.2, Postgres 12.2, API, RSpec, Rubocop, Sidekiq, Redis, ActiveCable, 3rd-party integrations.
Team 1: 1 BE Project Lead, 3 FE, 2 QA, 1 SM, 0.5 BA
The Ruby+Roda project: Ruby (Roda framework), PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, ELK stack, Prometheus stack
Redis, Docker, Compose, Microservices, Vue.js
Team 2: 1 FE, 1 BE, 1 QA, 1 SM, 1 UX/UI Designer
In fact, we are digitizing certain processes for the whole country, and some of our projects have a significant cultural value for this state.
We organize regular knowledge-sharing sessions among the teams to share experiences, interesting cases, etc. We support our developers’ desire to move to Lead roles in new teams.
We are looking for someone who
- 3+ years of experience in Ruby development
- Strong knowledge in OOP, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, design patterns
- Experience in designing and developing REST APIs
- Experience with PostgreSQL, using query objects, query optimization
- Solid experience covering codebase with tests (RSpec)
- English (Intermediate — ability to communicate with clients both in written and verbally)
Will be a plus
- Understanding of Client-Server and microservices architecture
- Understanding of Docker
- Create and improve REST API interface using Rails;
- Support with bug fixes and improvements in the existing functionality;
- Collaborate with the team on current tasks (Ukrainian, Russian);
- Collaborate with the Tech team on the client’s side (English);
- Take a proactive part in backlog refinement;
- Estimate tasks and meet deadlines;
- Participate in Scrum meetings timely;
- Report the time spent on tasks;
The main range of tasks is related to integration with external data sources, data processing, and organizing APIs for the front end. Architecturally, these are asynchronous operations with the aggregation of results in ElasticSearch and the implementation of business logic on our side.
- Make an impact on the socially valuable product in the Middle East market.
- Improve analytical skills.
- Work in a skilled team.
- The project infrastructure is in K8s – there’s a chance to get to know it closer.
- There’s a chance to come up with improvement suggestions and take part in elaborating business requirements that may affect every end user.
- Regular code reviews, feature and improvements discussions.
- 24 days for rest, 10 days for health and well-being
- Unlimited recovery from covid
- Possibility of relocation to Poland or Portugal after 1 year of work
- Сoworking space – compensated partially. Unlimited coworking in Lviv and Krakow, where P2H coworking spaces are located. We are also starting to open offices in Katowice and Lisbon.
- Unlimited learning and development budget
- Sports club membership – compensated partially
- Regular review of income according to the progress of the individual plan
- We are not fans of overtime and encourage our teams to plan time for work and rest. But shit happens sometimes during non-working hours. Then we pay overtime x1.5-x2
- Free online English lessons
- Full accounting and legal support for private entrepreneurs
- Online interview with a recruiter — 30 minutes.
- Interview with Ruby Team Lead and PM — up to 1-1.5 hours.
Get More information
The recruiter who is responsible for this position will be glad to provide you with all details.
To find out more — write to email@example.com