Senior Data ScientistP2H Remote First
Project, technologies, and team details
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team, and work on exciting personalization initiatives! The ideal candidate has a practical background in machine learning, with experience in natural language understanding, information retrieval, knowledge extraction, or deep learning. You will be helping to lead the machine learning effort, working with product engineers and data scientists in building content recommendation, personalization, and business intelligence models to enhance our customer experience and business intelligence capabilities.
Working Hours: Required 4 hour overlap with US PST shift (9am-6pm).
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related fields or equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Scikit-learn, NumPy, Tensorflow
- Strong knowledge in POS tagger, shallow and deep parser, feature scaling, dimensionality reduction & data compression techniques, TF-IDF, SVM, Ensemble models (Bagging, Boosting), model tuning using grid-search etc.
- 5+ years of software development experience in NLP development & or text analytics
- 5+ years of experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Python (preferred), Scala, or Java
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You preferably have machine learning publications or work on open source to share with us
Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable:
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third-party sources of information when needed
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Apply machine learning, collaborative filtering, NLP, and deep learning methods to massive data sets
- Collaborate with cross-functional agile teams of software engineers, domain experts, and others to build new product features for multiple business units
- Collaborate with data scientists across a variety of businesses to prioritize and promote our machine learning efforts
- 24 days for rest, 10 days for health and well-being
- Unlimited recovery from covid
- Possibility of relocation to Poland or Portugal after 1 year of work
- Сoworking space – compensated partially. Unlimited coworking in Lviv and Krakow, where P2H coworking spaces are located. We are also starting to open offices in Katowice and Lisbon.
- Unlimited learning and development budget
- Sports club membership – compensated partially
- Regular review of income according to the progress of the individual plan
- We are not fans of overtime and encourage our teams to plan time for work and rest. But shit happens sometimes during non-working hours. Then we pay overtime x1.5-x2
- Free online English lessons
- Full accounting and legal support for private entrepreneurs
- Online interview with a recruiter — 30 minutes.
- Interview with Senior Data Science — up to 1-1.5 hours.
Get More information
The recruiter who is responsible for this position will be glad to provide you with all details.
Find out more — write firstname.lastname@example.org