Ruby EngineerP2H Remote First
Project, technologies, team details
We are looking for a seasoned Ruby Engineer with a unique skill set to work on actively developing projects. You will be not just creating new features but digging deeper, analyzing and investigating more complex issues.
Besides being a “builder” of new features, you’ll master the skill of discovering a breaking in our actively developing system and either fix it or pass it further.
You will work closely with the Ruby Tech Lead, experienced Engineers, Architects, and DevOps.
Our mission is to create a great product that eases the lives of hundreds of thousands of people!
Project, technologies, team details
Our Tech Stack:
- Ruby (Roda framework), Postgres, RabbitMQ, Redis, ELK stack, Prometheus stack
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Redis, Docker, Compose
- Development team: 1 FE, 2 BE, 1 SM, 1 DevOps, 1 BA, 1QA, 1 AQA, 1 SA, 1AQA, 1 DevOps SA, 1 UI/UX Designer
- The operations team: 3 L2 Support Engineers, BA/Technical Writer, DevOps Solution Architect, L3 Support Engineer, and 1 Support Team Manager.
Team level: Middle, Senior, Architects
We organize regular knowledge-sharing sessions among the teams to share experiences, unusual cases, etc. We support our developers’ desire to move to Lead roles in new teams.
For the past four years, we have been developing an ecosystem of e-government products for our Middle Eastern client. There are five large platforms and 15 scrum teams developing products based on these platforms.
Each of the platforms is, in fact, an electronic cabinet with a set of electronic services that allow both citizens and ex-pats to communicate effectively with the state. Hundreds of people use these products every minute, and the number of users is only growing.
Check how we developed an e-government platform to transform the job market here.
We are looking for someone who has
- 3+ years of experience in RoR/Ruby development
- Strong knowledge of OOP, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, and design patterns
- Understanding of Client-Server and microservices architecture
- Experience in designing and developing REST APIs
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience covering codebase with tests (RSpec)
- Linux knowledge
- Elastic stack
- Knowledge of RabbitMQ or/and asynchronous communication basics
- English (Intermediate – ability to communicate with clients both in writing and verbally)
Will be a plus
- DevOps knowledge
- Experience in teamwork. It is very important for us because we involve all specialists in the work on the architecture of the platform and cultivate open and active interaction within the development team.
- Ability to think and find a solution, as well as collect the right information. It is not necessary to know everything if you can google and understand it.
- Develop and deliver features
- Help to maintain code quality
- Conduct code reviews
- Participate in estimations and developing plans for new tasks and epics
- Communicate directly with clients to discuss requirements and/or suggest improvements
- Stay up-to-date within the dynamic Ruby ecosystem and suggest improvements related to tools, new standards, and best practices.
The main range of tasks is related to integration with external data sources, data processing, and organizing APIs for the front end. Architecturally, these are asynchronous operations with the aggregation of results in ElasticSearch and the implementation of business logic on our side.
- Investigation and troubleshooting, SRE.
- Help our L2 Support Engineers to handle more complex issues.
On-call support – month after month
- Strong mentorship from Tech Lead
- Take part in project architecture remodeling/planning
- Gain DevOps knowledge, closely working with DevOps Solution Architect
- Regular knowledge-sharing sessions among the teams. We have a community of 25+ Ruby Engineers of different levels, including our Director of Engineering.
- We support our developers’ desire to move to Lead roles in new teams.
- 24 days for rest, 10 days for health and well-being
- Unlimited recovery from Covid-19
- Possibility of relocation to Poland or Portugal after 1 year of work
- Сoworking space – compensated partially. Unlimited coworking in Lviv, Vinnytsia, and Krakow, where P2H coworking spaces are located
- Unlimited learning and development budget for your professional growth
- Sports club membership – compensated partially
- Regular review of income according to the progress of the individual plan
- We are not fans of overtime and encourage our teams to plan time for work and rest. But sh*t sometimes happens during non-working hours. Then we pay overtime x1.5-x2
- Free online English lessons
- Full accounting and legal support for private entrepreneurs
- Online interview with a recruiter — 30 minutes.
- Technical interview with Ruby Tech Lead, DevOps SA, and PM — around 1-1.5 hours.
Get More information
The recruiter responsible for this position will gladly provide you with more details.
Find out more — write to email@example.com