Ruby EngineerP2H Remote First
Project, technologies, and team details
We are looking for a seasoned Ruby Engineer with a unique skill set to work on actively developing projects. You will be not just creating new features but digging deeper, analyzing and investigating more complex issues.
Instead of being a “builder” of new features, you’ll master the skill of discovering a breaking in our actively developing system and either fix it, suggest improvements or pass it further. In fact, it is a “tuning” of our large platform. We are currently moving to a high load with millions of users every minute. Have plans on improving the communication system between microservices, improving the infrastructure layers, etc. Become a part of the change!
You will work closely with the Ruby Tech Lead, experienced Engineers, Architects, and DevOps.
Our mission is to create a great product that eases the lives of hundreds of thousands of people!
Project, technologies, and team details
For the past five years, we have been developing an ecosystem of E-government products for the foreign state. There are six large platforms and 16 scrum teams developing e-services based on these platforms.
Each of the platforms is, in fact, an electronic cabinet with a set of electronic services that allow citizens, ex-pats, and businesses to communicate effectively with the state. Thousands of people use these products every minute, and the number of users is only growing.
Check how we developed an E-government platform to transform the job market here.
Our Tech Stack:
- Ruby (Roda framework), PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, ELK stack, Prometheus stack
- Redis, Docker, Compose
Team: 3 x L2 Support Engineers, BA/Technical Writer, DevOps Solution Architect, Ruby Tech Lead, and Support Team Manager.
Team level: Middle, Senior, Architects
We organize regular knowledge-sharing sessions among the teams to share experiences, unusual cases, etc. We support our developers’ desire to move to Lead roles in new teams.
We are looking for someone who has
- 3+ years of experience in RoR/Ruby development
- Strong knowledge of OOP, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, and design patterns
- Understanding of Client-Server and microservices architecture
- Experience in designing and developing REST APIs
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience covering codebase with tests (RSpec)
- Linux knowledge
- Elastic stack
- Knowledge of RabbitMQ or/and asynchronous communication basics
- English (at least Intermediate level – ability to communicate with clients both in writing and verbally)
Will be a plus
- DevOps knowledge
- Investigation and troubleshooting, SRE.
- Help our L2 Support Engineers to handle more complex issues.
- “Tuning” of our complex system
- Resolve bottlenecks, suggest productivity improvements
- Strong mentorship and close cooperation with Ruby Tech Lead
- Take part in project architecture remodeling/planning
- Gain DevOps knowledge, closely working with DevOps Solution Architect
- Regular tech and non-tech knowledge-sharing sessions among the teams. We have a community of 30+ Ruby Engineers of different levels, including our Director of Engineering, and a strong DevOps team.
- We support our Engineers’ desire to move to Lead roles in new teams.
- 24 days for rest, 10 days for health and well-being
- Unlimited recovery from Covid
- Сoworking space – compensated partially. Unlimited coworking in Lviv, Vinnytsia, and Kyiv where P2H coworking spaces are located
- Learning and development budget for your professional growth
- Sports club membership – compensated partially
- Regular review of income according to the progress of the individual plan
- We are not fans of overtime and encourage our teams to plan time for work and rest. But sh*t sometimes happens during non-working hours. Then we pay overtime x1.5-x2
- Free online English lessons
- Full accounting and legal support for private entrepreneurs
- Online interview with a recruiter — 30 minutes.
- Only one technical interview with Ruby Tech Lead, DevOps SA, and PM — up to 1.5 hours.
Get More information
The recruiter responsible for this position will gladly provide you with more details.
To find out more — write to firstname.lastname@example.org
P2H is strongly committed to protecting personal data.
When you apply for a job on this website, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by P2H, which is located at 6920, S. Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV, 89113, USA. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing P2H recruitment activities, which include scheduling and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, or ‘GDPR’) and Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the P2H, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Please read the P2H Recruitment Privacy Notice carefully by the following link.
Your personal data will be retained by P2H as long as P2H determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.