How we developed an
e-government platform to transform the job market
The solution enables the digital transformation of government services for the private sector. It facilitates interactions between authorities, regulators,
employers and employees.
Our Client and Business Challenge
Government of a Middle East country
The state development program includes automating the way citizens and businesses interact with the government and with each other. The private sector’s everyday life is moving them from the physical world into a digital one. A solution was needed to support the critical processes of this transition.
The platform is a key element of the 2030 strategy focused on improving the job market and enabling more direct and convenient citizen access to the government. By the time we got on board the project was critically delayed. It needed to pass the gate review within 2 months and get live within 6. The business team kept updating the requirements meanwhile.
- Grant the platform flexibility, scalability, and sustainability facing high-load peaks. Make its services resilient and fault-isolatedMicro-services architecture was chosen. It gave us all advantages mentioned above plus the ability to absorb
changing business requirements.
- Development of the platform coreThe core services are to be used by multiple other services and other platforms built both by P2H and other vendors. Thus the core had to handle high load and be optimally designed and documented according to Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) requirements.
- Services developmentThere are more than 100 of them to date and the number keeps growing. Each of them is built in line with three principles: perform as the business intends it to; be independent and fault-isolated; give minimal load to the core.
- Further support & maintenanceThe platform launch for the public changed the country’s business ecosystem forever. Numerous business processes around it got affected and thus needed further adjustments to the system. So the system support and maintenance were built in standard 3 level architecture granting the most efficient and cost-saving approach.
More than 100 micro-services granting continuous, independent, fault-isolated flow of all included business processes.
The core is the heart of the system and other projects integrate with it. It includes SSO, Authentication / Authorisation, Public registrars integration, User Management, Notifications, Payment Gateway, ElasticSearch Index, Permissions Module, Integration with IBM API Connect, System Monitoring & Logs.
The core proceeds about 8000 requests per minute
This module is an essential component of the system that involves a full suite of services to manage visa applications for locals and expats.
1M of visas issued monthly via the platform
Work Permits Management, E-Contract Management, Employee Occupation Management, Education and Qualification Certificates, Regulations, and compliance services. These solutions allow companies and employees to simplify the work, optimize workflows, automate routine processes, and save resources.
More than 50K users use 120 services every day
Surveys and reporting
Includes a variety of demographic and government survey capabilities. Labor market researching, performance indicators, trends analysis, and forecasts. Services are integrated with 70 front office facilities all over the country employees can personally attend to get help.
20K users are surveyed annually
- Coaching and mentoring Scrum teams to grow and mature
- Educating stakeholders on Agile practices
- Eliminating any barriers to success
- Empowering the team to reach a high-performing state
- Facilitating the team collaboration
- Recurring WO/VO activities
- Invoicing activities
- Ensuring overall technical excellence across products and deliveries
- Oversight to architecture decisions for engineering teams
- Technical collaboration across teams
- Technical alignment with other vendors and their products
- Supporting technical decisions for engineering and DevOps teams
QA & QC Engineers
- Manual QA practices
- QA Automation practices
- Acceptance testing practices
- Load testing practices
- Providing testing documentation standards
- Oversight to portfolio-level value-driven governance
- Business strategies alignment
- Enabling new products and teams launch
- Meeting short/long-term customer value expectations
- Agile leadership, coaching, and education
- Product backlog refinement
- Work planning
- Features development
- Delivery demo
- Granting technical excellence of software delivery
- Effecting implementation of architecture approaches and best practices within a team
Portfolio Quality Manager
- Establishing the standards of management approach
- Introducing BA practices
Pre-launches in production
Finalization, new features implementation
Authentication service improvement
Platform monetization, subscription launch
Further services development,
As a result of the project, we developed an e-government platform that enables business empowerment at the state level.
We managed to establish the most efficient development process and select the best tech stack that allowed us to create a high-performing, robust, secure platform while meeting the release deadline.